Remove "LiveCD" name from ISO image filename and related info from docs
The LiveCD platform was deactivated back in July, as a part of the switch to making everything based on pkg. The "LiveCD" nomenclature is still visible in places such as the installer ISO filename and the page on snapshots.pfsense.org, along with various parts of the documentation.
We need to replace "LiveCD" with something more accurate. The memstick filenames don't say "LiveCD" so we could name it "disc1" as opposed to "memstick" to clarify its purpose further. Lots of options there. I'm partial to "disc1" since that is what FreeBSD uses for its installer disc image, and it's still small enough to fit on a CD
Some possible examples (open for debate):
pfSense-LiveCD-2.3-BETA-amd64.iso -> pfSense-disc1-2.3-BETA-amd64.iso
pfSense-LiveCD-2.3-BETA-amd64.iso -> pfSense-dvd1-2.3-BETA-amd64.iso
pfSense-LiveCD-2.3-BETA-amd64.iso -> pfSense-disc-2.3-BETA-amd64.iso
pfSense-LiveCD-2.3-BETA-amd64.iso -> pfSense-installer-disc-2.3-BETA-amd64.iso
#4 Updated by Jim Pingle over 4 years ago
Looks like this will need to happen in a few subtasks, I may add a few child tickets under this. Some of them are time-sensitive and can't be done until certain conditions are met.
1. Change build scripts to output the image with the desired name and correct target folder for rsync, and clean up some lingering references to LiveCD in pfSense: https://gist.github.com/jim-p/92657ea9fb2457d86c7e
2. Once the builder starts to output the new name and location: Change snapshot server page to refer to the new location and remove the "LiveCD" name and associated -isms. https://gist.github.com/jim-p/794c6f8de928ac030bb4
3. At the time of 2.3-RELEASE, update the download mirror page code to use the new name and terms: https://gist.github.com/jim-p/50b27e337253fa437502
4. Update the book, QSGs, doc wiki, etc, with the new filename and associated changes as needed.
The changes in terminology in the linked patches are open for debate.
#6 Updated by Jim Pingle over 4 years ago
Item 2 has been fully deployed. Snapshots are now output as "pfSense-2.3-BETA-amd64-20160217-1500.iso.gz" (No "LiveCD" in the name) and they are being synced to "installer/" rather than "livecd_installer/" on the snapshots server. The snapshots page has been updated to reflect the new name/location and those changes are now live on https://snapshots.pfsense.org/
Item 3 cannot happen until 2.3-RELEASE is complete. I'm still looking into the doc changes.
#8 Updated by Jim Pingle over 4 years ago
- % Done changed from 50 to 80
Basic edits have been made to the QSG and book to remove references to the LiveCD and to fix up the filename to reflect the chosen style. They will need to be deployed after the release has occurred.
3. On hold waiting on release, patch listed above can be applied/committed and deployed during the release procedures
4. Docs have been updated, a few minor edits to make after the release to the wiki, other docs will need to be deployed after the release.