Diag DNS Add Alias reports nothing if alias already exists
1) Resolve something in Diag DNS - e.g. www.inf.org
2) Press "Add Alias" - an alias www_inf_org is created - good.
3) Repeat (1) and (2) again.
Problem: The alias is not updated, and there is no warning message to tell you.
In 2.2.* there was a prompt asking if you want to overwrite the alias - that seems to have not been converted into bootstrap.
Perhaps just display a warning when the alias already exists (easy)
or put back similar behavior to prompt about overwriting the alias?
#1 Updated by Phillip Davis about 4 years ago
It seemed easy and reasonable to do https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/pull/2840
That sets the button text according to what will happen if it is pressed - "Add alias" or "Update alias" - then there is no need to mess about with any extra popups to confirm overwrite of an existing alias.
#2 Updated by Phillip Davis about 4 years ago
PR has been merged, so status can be set to feedback and someone can test it. You should be able to:
1) Lookup some name.
2) Press "Add Alias"
3) Get a success message that the alias has been created.
4) Lookup the name again.
5) The button now says "Update alias" - press it.
6) Get a success message saying that the alias has been updated.