Insufficient error checking on static ARP entries
When creating a static DHCP lease entry the GUI input checking does not prevent checking 'static ARP' without entering an IP address.
This results in an invalid entry and subsequent log entries like:
Nov 28 16:45:34 php-fpm 49556 /services_dhcp.php: The command '/usr/sbin/arp -s '' '00:06:b2:f2:1c:a6'' returned exit code '1', the output was 'arp: : Unknown server error'
Improve input validation on static ARP for DHCP static mapping entries, also prevent the backend from attempting to apply entries with insufficient information stored. Fixes #6969
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
Adding a note to clarify: It is OK for "IP address" to be blank/empty if "ARP Table Static Entry" is unchecked.
- Assignee set to Jim Pingle
- Status changed from Confirmed to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Assignee changed from Jim Pingle to Steve Wheeler
Seems fixed in todays 2.4 snapshots.
It won't allow the static DHCP lease to be submitted and the error message gives useful information.
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Also available in: Atom