Interface group and alias with same name creates firewall syntax error
The firewall fails to reload when using the same name for an alias and interface group.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create interface group with name "TestFirewall" assign atleast one interface.
2. Create alias with name "TestFirewall", for example to IP 188.8.131.52
3. Create a filewall rule on the interface group "TestFirewall" and use the alias "TestFirewall" in this rule.
4. Reload the firewall (apply config changes).
5. PFSense will report a syntax error (red alert icon in the right top of the webinterface).
Fix #6976: Make sure interface description, interface name and alias don't have the same name
#1 Updated by Jim Pingle over 2 years ago
- Category set to Web Interface
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee set to Steve Beaver
- Target version set to 2.4.0
This is also a problem on 2.4.
Input validation should prevent an alias from using a name that is already an interface or group name, and it should also prevent an interface group from using a name used by aliases.
- DOES prevent a group name from overlapping an existing interface - This is OK
- DOES NOT prevent a group name from overlapping an alias - This must be fixed
- DOES NOT prevent an alias name from overlapping an existing interface (e.g. WAN, OPT1) - This must be fixed
- DOES NOT prevent an alias name from overlapping an interface group name - This must be added