Changing group scope to remote does not remove it from group file
If I understand things correctly, after implementing Bug #6012 the groups with scope set to "Remote" are not supposed to be stored in /etc/group. However, when you edit an existing group and change the scope from "Local" to "Remote", it still stays in /etc/group.
Well, there's obviously much more wrong here, this actually requires a reboot to take effect. Also, adding/removing users to/from a group requires a reboot to take effect.
you would have to teach each affected process to re-run initgroups(3); setgroups(2); in order for them all to have a new group vector in their individual proc structures.
- Target version changed from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1
- Target version changed from 2.4.1 to 2.4.2
- Assignee set to Renato Botelho
- Target version changed from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3
- Target version changed from 2.4.3 to 2.4.4
Also available in: Atom