The field 'Distinguished name Organization' contains invalid characters
I'd like to create a certificate which "Organizational Unit" contains a german form of organisation, namely
GmbH & Co. KG which is currently not possible due to
. . I see, that you want to prevent some kind of shell exploit, but this should be allowed (escape them properly is possible the best thing to do :) )
#3 Updated by Jim Pingle about 3 years ago
- Project changed from pfSense Packages to pfSense
- Category set to Certificates
- Status changed from New to Needs Patch
- Target version set to Future
- Affected Version set to All
- Affected Architecture All added
- Affected Architecture deleted (
Looks like it may be possible to use UTF-8 but it would require significant work to ensure everything functions properly in that area, perhaps even a per-certificate UTF-8 option so encoding/decoding can be handled properly. And that's assuming any of it actually works in PHP's OpenSSL library.
I don't see this being worth the effort it would take to make work, but if someone wants to tackle the project, patches are welcome.