Captive Portal continues to limit per-user bandwidth when not enabled
In a Captive Portal, this bug occurs after using the "Enable per-user bandwidth restriction" feature and specifying default download and/or upload bandwidth values in the two blanks.
If you go back and un-check the "Enable per-user bandwidth restriction", which causes the two blanks for defaults to disappear, but you don't clear the contents of the two blanks first, pfSense continues to limit the bandwidth to those speeds until you enable the option and clear the two fields. Clearing the checkbox for "Enable per-user bandwidth restriction" should cause pfSense/Captive Portal to ignore whatever is in the default blanks.
Discovered on version 2.4.4-RELEASE-p2 on amd64
#2 Updated by Keith Anderson 25 days ago
I have two routers running on 2.4.4-RELEASE-p2 (amd64) and they have radically different configurations-- one with about 25 active users and the other around 1200 active users. I just took the following steps on both routers to confirm that it's still a problem here:
1. Confirmed in Status/Traffic Graph that several users are exceeding 5M Bits/Sec (some are over 150M Bits/Sec)
2. In Captive Portal profile, Checked "Enabled per-user bandwidth restriction" and set "Default download" to 5000 (left Default upload blank), then saved
3. Confirmed in Status/Traffic Graph that all users' bandwidth has been limited to 5M (confirmed, the top users are sitting at 5)
4. Returned to the Captive Portal profile and Un-Checked "Enabled per-user bandwidth restriction" without clearing the "Default download" blank, then saved
5. Looked in Status/Traffic Graph to see that all users are still being limited to 5M Bits/Sec
6. Returned to the Captive Portal profile, Checked "Enabled per-user bandwidth restriction", then cleared "Default download" blank, then saved
7. In Status/Traffic Graph, users are no longer being restricted (some are over 150M Bits/Sec)
I haven't done anything with the Default Upload field at all, because it's not an issue in this environment. Is there anything else I can do to help diagnose this?
Really it's not enough of a problem to spend a lot of time on, as long as I'm aware that the field needs to be cleared for the limit to go away.
I was unable to reproduce. Disabling "Enable per-user bandwidth restriction" without clearing the two fields effectively
disable per-user bandwidth for me...Am I missing something ?