Cloudflare Not Allowing "*" Hostname Entry in Dynamic DNS
Cloudflare allows wildcard A records and the pfSense DDNS page has a wildcard checkbox (since 2.3?), but it will throw an "invalid hostname" error if you provide a "*". This can be circumvented with a direct edit on the config xml, but it's certainly not ideal.
My comments about Route53 on #9053 likely also apply to Cloudflare here. Assuming so, the solution would differ slightly because Cloudflare is a "split domain" type.
- hide wildcard and MX checkboxes since neither are used by the Cloudflare code
- update the call to is_domain() to have a truthy second argument, allowing wildcards for cloudflare and cloudflare-v6
Unlike the recent related Route53 and Linode edits, i have not tested this change.
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee set to Renato Botelho
- Target version set to 2.5.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
PR has been merged. Thanks!
- Target version changed from 2.5.0 to 2.4.5
Testing in a current 2.4.5 snapshot. I don't have a Cloudflare account to see if the update happens, but the pfSense UI does now allow wildcard hostnames to be submitted and saved.
That is likely a good enough test, but I'll hold this open for a bit yet in case someone can do a functional test against an active CloudFlare account.
Thanks for testing!
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Also available in: Atom