WebGUI "Dashboard -> Services Status" widget issue
If i use FQDN in description of openvpn service, the description line will be truncated after the first dot because:
$service_desc = explode(".",$service['description']);
For example: for desctiption «Tunnel to gw.domain.local» i will see «OpenVPN Server: Tunnel to gw»
If i use several tunnels with same text, but different FQDN (gw.domain1.local, gw.domain2.local, etc) i will see several lines in widget with same description: «OpenVPN Server: Tunnel to gw». It is impossible to understand where what tunnel
I did changed line 103 to:
$service_desc = explode(". ",$service['description']);
Dot + space instead dot only. Because sentences are normally separated by a dot and a space. And now, for example: for description «Tunnel to gw.domain.local. Some huge text...» i will see «OpenVPN Server: Tunnel to gw.domain.local». Only next sentences will be truncated.
Sorry for my English, please.
#1 Updated by Jim Pingle 9 months ago
- Category set to Dashboard
Can you submit that change as a pull request on Github?
#5 Updated by Danilo Zrenjanin 7 months ago
- File Screenshot_2020-09-04 off-gate ipbgd office - Status Dashboard.png Screenshot_2020-09-04 off-gate ipbgd office - Status Dashboard.png added
- File Screenshot_2020-09-04 off-gate ipbgd office - VPN OpenVPN Servers.png Screenshot_2020-09-04 off-gate ipbgd office - VPN OpenVPN Servers.png added
I am not sure what versions are affected but I can define OpenVPN description using dots. e.g. <<Tunnel to office.domain.local>> and <<Tunnel to gw.domain.local>>
2.4.5-RELEASE-p1 (arm) built on Tue Jun 02 17:45:24 EDT 2020 FreeBSD 11.3-STABLE
#6 Updated by Max Leighton 7 months ago
- File servicestatus_2_4_5p1.png servicestatus_2_4_5p1.png added
- File servicestatus2_5_0.png servicestatus2_5_0.png added
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
I was able to reproduce using the Service Status widget rather than the OpenVPN widget. The behavior can be seen in 2.4.5_1. The Service Status widget will show the incorrect name, but the OpenVPN widget will show the correct name.
Tested again in:
built on Sun Sep 13 13:04:14 EDT 2020
And it has been fixed. Resolving the ticket