Interface column empty in list of GIF tunnels when using IP Alias on CARP VIP as Interface
Added by Christian McDonald about 2 years ago.
Updated over 1 year ago.
Plus Target Version:
If a GIF instance has its interface set to an IP Alias VIP which uses a CARP VIP as its own interface, the Interface column in the GIF tunnel list is empty.
The problem does not affect GIF tunnels on CARP VIPs directly, and GRE interfaces are likewise unaffected.
- Status changed from New to Rejected
Ok... The tunnel works fine, this is just a cosmetic issue, not looking for support. It's trivially reproducible on my end, but if you feel that my screenshots represent expected behavior, then yes please close this report
instead of having multiple CARP VIPs attached to WAN, I have one CARP VIP and the IP Aliases that follow that CARP VIP...as per the recommendation of Jim from years ago when we still had Hangouts. When I assign one of these IP Aliases as the parent interface for the GIF tunnel, it is not shown in the table.
My title was not clear...my apologies.
- Subject changed from Interface column empty in list of GIF tunnels when using CARP VIP as Interface to Interface column empty in list of GIF tunnels when using IP Alias on CARP VIP as Interface
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Rejected to New
- Target version deleted (
The description was inaccurate. As stated, there was no problem. The problem exists only when the interface is set to an IP Alias VIP which uses a CARP VIP as its interface, which is different. I've updated the subject and description to reflect the real problem.
- Status changed from New to Pull Request Review
- Target version set to 2.6.0
- Plus Target Version set to 21.09
- Status changed from Pull Request Review to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Assignee set to Viktor Gurov
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Tested on the:
built on Thu Sep 23 01:11:47 EDT 2021
It looks fine now. Ticket resolved.
- Plus Target Version changed from 21.09 to 22.01
Also available in: Atom