Automatic default gateway mode does not select expected entries
- New 21.02p1/2.5 install
- Have a monitored WAN gateway
- Have Default gateway set to Automatic
- Create a new unmonitored gateway on LAN
The default gateway is switched from the monitored WAN_DHCP gateway to the unmonitored LAN gateway. Having unmonitored gateways get highest priority breaks any setup where you would want automatic gateway switching, and effectively makes it the same as having that unmonitored gateway selected on "Default gateway IPv4".
The behavior should be changed to make unmonitored gateways have lowest priority, hence allowing automatic failover to work in these situations.
#2 Updated by Jim Pingle about 2 months ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Regression
- Subject changed from Automatic gateway is always set to unmonitored gateway to Automatic default gateway mode does not select expected entries
- Status changed from New to Pull Request Review
- Target version set to 2.5.1