NAT rule overlap detection is inconsistent
When saving an additional NAT port forward rule:
- The "protocol" field is effectively ignored in overlap checks
- The "source" field is not checked in overlap checks
- Rule is prevented from being saved when a destination mask is defined
#1 Updated by Marcos Mendoza about 2 months ago
- Assignee set to Marcos Mendoza
#2 Updated by Jim Pingle about 2 months ago
- Status changed from New to Rejected
Protocol doesn't overlap. You can have separate port forward rules for TCP and for UDP on the same port ranges which do not conflict.
Plus, that overlap check isn't for looking at network addresses, it's only making sure that port ranges do not overlap.