Pie and ``fq_pie`` are missing options and do not handle floating point number input correctly
"alpha" => array("name" => "alpha", "type" => "number", "default" => get_single_sysctl("net.inet.ip.dummynet.fqpie.alpha")),
This returns and sets a default value of 125 it is supposed to be .125.
This is what it should be:
"alpha" => array("name" => "alpha", "type" => "number step=any", "default" => intval(get_single_sysctl("net.inet.ip.dummynet.fqpie.alpha")) / 1000),
I have attached a patch which fixes this and adds all the missing settings for the pie AQM and Scheduler.
Updated by Harley Peters 12 months ago
Patch version 3.
Added the ability to set the AQM & Scheduler parameters to zero.
Before php would interpet a zero as null and would set the default instead.
I use this on at least one of the pie parameters.
Updated by Harley Peters 11 months ago
- File shaper-full-v4.patch shaper-full-v4.patch added
- File shaper-pie-001.patch shaper-pie-001.patch added
- File shaper-allow-zero-002.patch shaper-allow-zero-002.patch added
- File shaper-ecn-003.patch shaper-ecn-003.patch added
Patch version 4.
Broken up into seperate patches.
Necessary to get the pie aqm and fq_pie scheduler to work proberly.
Allows entering zero as a parameter value in both aqm and schedulers.
Makes it so the ecn checkbox doesn't show up when the aqm or scheduler doesn't support it.
And removes the aqm and scheduler warning about not supporting ecn.
Updated by Viktor Gurov 5 months ago
Please create a pull request:
Updated by Viktor Gurov 3 months ago
- Status changed from Pull Request Review to Feedback
Updated by Jim Pingle about 2 months ago
- Subject changed from Pie and fq_pie in /etc/inc/shaper.inc doesn't handle floating point numbers and is applying invalid settings to the pie aqm and scheduler. It is also missing many of the pie settings. to Pie and ``fq_pie`` are missing options and do not handle floating point number input correctly
Updating subject for release notes.