Adding static DHCP leases doesn't cause BIND zones to update
Adding static DHCP leases doesn't cause BIND zones to update with "Register DHCP static mappings" on.
This one must be fixed in 2.2 for sure otherwise "If this option is set, then DHCP static mappings will be registered in DNS, so that their name can be resolved" is a pure lie because they, in fact, doesn't registered atm at all.
Sorry for my English.
#3 Updated by Rob Millner over 5 years ago
Affected by this as well on pfSense 2.2.2; BIND plugin 0.3.9.
Is there a good workaround for this issue?
The simplest one I've found is to navigate to the "Zones Settings" page and hit "Save" after adding DHCP leases; but that doesn't update the domain serial numbers.
#6 Updated by Jim Pingle almost 4 years ago
- Project changed from pfSense Packages to pfSense
- Category changed from BIND to Package System
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee set to Dmitriy K
- Target version set to 2.4.0
- Affected Version set to All
- Affected Architecture All added
- Affected Architecture deleted (
#7 Updated by David Horn over 3 years ago
I tested this fix successfully against the 2.4-BETA snapshot: 2.4.0-BETA (amd64) built on Sat May 06 22:51:06 CDT 2017 FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p8. Tried disabling config knob, enabling, etc. Works well at this point for static and dynamic DHCP mappings into DNS resolver.