Unable to edit existing Virtual IPs
Using "2.2-ALPHA (amd64) built on Fri Aug 15 14:31:24 CDT 2014".
Simple "High Avail. Sync" setup with two CARP IPs, one for WAN and another for LAN. I'm unable to change already created CARP IPs. Even just changing the description of a CARP IP, I get the following validation error:
The following input errors were detected: This IP address is being used by another interface or VIP.
From the error message, could it be that it's trying to create a new CARP IP, instead of changing the existing one?
- When changing a pre existing VIP, use previous configured interface
for checking, this fixes the issue that happens when you try to change
a VIP to a new interface.
- Use the right interface name, only carp uses _vipN suffix
#2 Updated by Chris Buechler over 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Unable to change an existing CARP IP to Unable to edit existing Virtual IPs
- Category set to Virtual IP Addresses
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Target version set to 2.2
In addition to the problem as described here, it's also impossible to change the interface on a VIP on 2.2 because of this bug.