Traffic Shaping doesn't work with Xen netfront driver
On the version 2.1.5 I got the traffic shaping work without problem but after upgraded to 2.2 it's just doesn't working anymore. I'm getting this message all the time: ...driver does not support altq...
Anything changed to make it right? It was fine on 2.1.5 but on 2.2 dont.
#2 Updated by Helio Candido about 6 years ago
I'm using 2 NIC's Realtek RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet. Both are working on PFSense 2.1.5 with traffic shapping but on 2.2 doesn't.
PFSense in both scenaries is running under XenServer 6.2 SP1 (updated). I just start the configuration using traffic shapping wizard but on the final when I'll click to finish I got that message on 2.2.
#5 Updated by Chris Buechler about 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Traffic Shaping doesn't working to Traffic Shaping doesn't work with Xen netfront driver
- Category set to Operating System
- Status changed from Feedback to Confirmed
- Target version set to 2.2.2
- Affected Version set to 2.2
updated subject to specific issue at hand here.
#12 Updated by Grischa Zengel almost 6 years ago
I'm installing the next server and need 8+ networks. Because xen can't handle so much NICs I have to use tagging.If you can't fix it, so please remove xn:
- build an extra image without xn.
- show me an loader option to disable xn.
I can't work with this. With an extra NIC I loose bandwidth.
There are a lot of posts about pfsense 2.2 and buggy xn implementation.
#17 Updated by Grischa Zengel over 5 years ago
Please, put this to 2.2.5: