Add MS-CHAPv2 option to L2TP Configuration
If you need to validate L2TP/IPSec users with a Windows-based RADIUS Server (NPS/IAS), choosing CHAP from VPN:L2TP Configuration, Authentication Type will use MD5 CHAP, and the Windows Server will complaint that a reversibly encrypted password does not exist.
From the MPD documentation page,
chap is an alias for
chap-md5 chap-msv1 chap-msv2. As a proposed solution, I'm explicitly setting MS-CHAPv2.
I have opened a Pull Request (#1689) to discuss this subject.
- Target version changed from 2.2.3 to 2.3
- Affected Architecture added
- Affected Architecture deleted (
thanks, we'll review for 2.3.
- Assignee set to Matthew Smith
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
I reviewed the code and tested it's effect on the config file generation and it looks ok. It has been merged.
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Also available in: Atom