Kernel panic when running PPPoE Server on tun/tap interface
2.3.1-RELEASE-p5, running in 64 bit kvm vm.
After updating PPPoE settings and confirmation by clicking the green save button on PPPoE page the webinterface stalls. Browser is waiting for response. I waited about 2 minutes and pressed the green save button again. No reponse from webinterface. Contacting webinterface by a second browser instance ended with no response at all. In fact, pfsense was hanging in a boot loop. Check of file system with fsck, returns some fixes made to it, but still looping after reboot. This happened twice. I had the issue yesterday. I exchanged the vm image against a backup and tried it again. Same result.
#1 Updated by Chris Buechler almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
what's the parent interface of the PPPoE? only way I know of doing something like this is making a PPPoE server interface the parent of a PPPoE client, which is a seriously bad config, but not one we prevent (there's another ticket open to prevent such configs).
#3 Updated by Chris Buechler almost 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Boot loop / corrupt file system after saving PPPoE server settings to Kernel panic when running PPPoE Server on tun/tap interface
- Category set to PPPoE Server
- Status changed from Feedback to Confirmed
- Affected Version changed from 2.3.1 to All
also makes no sense to run on OpenVPN. That should be prohibited. other ticket is #4510