IPv6 OpenVPN client is down after reboot
- WAN PPPoE WAN
- HE.NET tunnel on WAN
- Static IPv6 on LAN
- Create a UDP6 TAP OpenVPN client
- Create and enable an iface for the client [for example, OVPN_AMS]
- Reboot router
- OVPN_AMS is up
- OVPN_AMS is down. There is an error in the log: "TCP/UDP: Socket bind failed on local address [AF_INET6]2001:470:<censored>::: Can't assign requested address"
pfSense 2.3.0 does not have such bug as far as I can recall. It appeared in 2.3.1 but I was too lazy to report.
#3 Updated by Jim Pingle about 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee deleted (
- Priority changed from High to Normal
Confirmed, doesn't need PPPoE. An OpenVPN instance on an assigned GIF interface is enough. It's acting as though the GIF interface is not configured when OpenVPN attempts to start.
Nov 7 15:02:06 openvpn 9665 OpenVPN 2.3.12 amd64-portbld-freebsd11.0 [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [MH] [IPv6] built on Oct 20 2016 Nov 7 15:02:06 openvpn 9665 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2j-freebsd 26 Sep 2016, LZO 2.09 Nov 7 15:02:06 openvpn 9988 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts Nov 7 15:02:06 openvpn 9988 TCP/UDP: Socket bind failed on local address [AF_INET6]2001:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::2:1194: Can't assign requested address Nov 7 15:02:06 openvpn 9988 Exiting due to fatal error
#4 Updated by Renato Botelho almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Feedback
- Assignee set to Renato Botelho
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
It happened in cases where specific IPv6 is selected to bind and interface is in 'tentative' state, as happened in the past with dpinger. I've pushed a fix, what depends of php-pfSense-module 0.33