DynDNS - Add DreamHost DNS support
I have been a customer of DreamHost (https://www.dreamhost.com/) for many years with several domains and subdomains. I have always used a PC with a custom script to maintain DNS domains that pointed back to the customer sites. I have finally gotten fed up with that solution and have extended the Dynamic DNS solution to support DreamHost DNS.
Please consider accepting Pull Request 3579 (https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/pull/3579) to support the addition of DreamHost Dynamic DNS.
In implementing this I did add some additional methods to the dyndns.class file to support lookup and remove operations. This is because DreamHost does not perform a direct DNS record update but rather a remove and an add. The remove must be done with data that matches an existing record and thus the lookup was necessary since the dyndns module does not seem to have access to the old interface address.
#7 Updated by Kill Bill over 1 year ago
Frank Gruman wrote:
I'm pretty interested in finally seeing this delivered. The pull request was accepted into master 5 months ago. Is there any specific reason it has still not been delivered or tagged for inclusion in a release?
It's already included in 2.4.x, not really sure what else are you requesting.
#8 Updated by Frank Gruman over 1 year ago
OK - I do see that it made it into the 2.4.0 Git branch. I didn't see it listed at https://redmine.pfsense.org/versions/25 or https://redmine.pfsense.org/versions/34 and this ticket was never updated to include a target version. I was waiting to see it added somewhere as a sign that it had made it out.
So - I guess it's just a matter of either jumping into the RC stream or waiting for the final release of 2.4.0.
#14 Updated by Frank Gruman over 1 year ago
You cannot set the TTL through the API - https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/217555707-DNS-API-commands
#16 Updated by Corey Boyle over 1 year ago
Dreamhost is not an option in the ACME package. However, I was able to get around this by using the "standalone HTTP server" method and HAProxy. You can see the way I did it here...