pfctl: ix0: driver does not support altq
Motherboard: Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F
using the onboard NIC: 2 RJ45 10GBase-T ports
I went through the wizard to setup traffic shaping and get the following error:
There were error(s) loading the rules: pfctl: ix0: driver does not support altq - The line in question reads : @ 2017-03-11 10:16:04
It seems this is related to 10GBase ports. I don't need 10G at this time but don't have any other NICs so if a workaround is possible, that would be greatly helpful.
Updated by Luiz Souza about 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee set to Luiz Souza
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Fix committed to RELENG_2_4, RELENG_2_3 and RELENG_2_3_3: https://github.com/pfsense/FreeBSD-src/commit/f2504b01d55b5cd3c625058869c4b9df1cf4525e
Updated by Jim Pingle over 4 years ago
- Category set to Traffic Shaper (ALTQ)
- Target version set to 2.4.2-p1
- Affected Version set to 2.4.x
- Affected Architecture All added
- Affected Architecture deleted (
Ultimately this was reverted at the time due to instability in the driver with ALTQ enabled.
It is not possible to support ALTQ on ix interfaces at this time.