dhclient not sending option 77
Not sure it's a bug, more of something missing. As reported on the forum 2.4 dhclient does not send option 77. This particularly affects customers of Orange France who need to send this optiom. I have re-applied the patches that were done to the 2.3 client, where it works, to the 2.4 client; the user on the forum reported it's working correctly.
Should I do a PR to the main FreeBSD repo ir PR it to pfSense/FreeBSD-Src?
#6 Updated by Nicolas Scheffer over 1 year ago
Jim Pingle wrote:
Moving target to 2.4.2 as we need 2.4.1 sooner than anticipated.
This option is mandatory to replace a livebox from Orange (main Internet Provider in France) using a xDSL or Fiber access.
Without this option there is no internet access.
Could we have it sooner ? To be able to test it !
Many thanks in advance.
#11 Updated by Luke Hamburg 11 months ago
are marjohn's DHCP fixes still going to get merged for 2.4.4?
seems like the file in question is bpf.c from upstream dhclient
Luiz Souza wrote:
It is now possible to set the VLAN Priority for DHCP requests (the same way that is done in DHCPv6).
Please test with the next snapshot.
- Ticking Enable dhcpclient VLAN Priority tagging and selecting a priority is not working
- but adding "vlan-pcp 6" as an Option modifiers is tagging the dhclient packets with the correct (6 here) vlan priority
Is this the expected behaviour ?
#21 Updated by Jim Pingle 4 months ago
That is exactly what the GUI option will put into the config but you have to ensure:
1. That you check the "Enable dhcpclient VLAN Priority tagging" box
2. That you set the appropriate value in the drop-down
3. That you do NOT have configuration override enabled or advanced configuration enabled, as these will override the default GUI options with the advanced settings