dhclient not sending option 77
Not sure it's a bug, more of something missing. As reported on the forum 2.4 dhclient does not send option 77. This particularly affects customers of Orange France who need to send this optiom. I have re-applied the patches that were done to the 2.3 client, where it works, to the 2.4 client; the user on the forum reported it's working correctly.
Should I do a PR to the main FreeBSD repo ir PR it to pfSense/FreeBSD-Src?
Updated by Nicolas Scheffer about 6 years ago
Jim Pingle wrote:
Moving target to 2.4.2 as we need 2.4.1 sooner than anticipated.
This option is mandatory to replace a livebox from Orange (main Internet Provider in France) using a xDSL or Fiber access.
Without this option there is no internet access.
Could we have it sooner ? To be able to test it !
Many thanks in advance.
Updated by Eric Scherlinger about 6 years ago
I agree with Nicolas,
we are quite a few to replace the Pfsense binaries to make this scenario work in France.
Replacing files on Pfsense is really a bad workaround and we would love the dhcpclient to support other options.
Updated by → luckman212 over 5 years ago
are marjohn's DHCP fixes still going to get merged for 2.4.4?
seems like the file in question is bpf.c from upstream dhclient
Updated by Bob Gray almost 5 years ago
Luiz Souza wrote:
It is now possible to set the VLAN Priority for DHCP requests (the same way that is done in DHCPv6).
Please test with the next snapshot.
- Ticking Enable dhcpclient VLAN Priority tagging and selecting a priority is not working
- but adding "vlan-pcp 6" as an Option modifiers is tagging the dhclient packets with the correct (6 here) vlan priority
Is this the expected behaviour ?
Updated by Jim Pingle almost 5 years ago
That is exactly what the GUI option will put into the config but you have to ensure:
1. That you check the "Enable dhcpclient VLAN Priority tagging" box
2. That you set the appropriate value in the drop-down
3. That you do NOT have configuration override enabled or advanced configuration enabled, as these will override the default GUI options with the advanced settings