package installer issues on nanobsd
the package installer has been having issues on nanobsd from quiet some time now, below are steps to replicate it.
- install a fresh copy of nanobsd on alix and setup a new system
- goto packages section and install nvstat2 package and it will install just fine
- goto any other section and return to dashboard and the first issue there is it tries to resync packages and ends up removing the vnstat2 package for some reason
- if u dont goto dashboard at all then package stays installed and works also and to solve the above issue, u need to restart alix and then laoding dashboard doesnt remove the package and tends to work fine
- now suppose u upgrade nanobsd and after that it reboots, it tries to resync package and seems to install it also
- after pfsense loaded completely, when u login into the web gui, the dashboard page comes and it tries to resync the package for a second time but then ends up removing the package which shouldnt happen
- to solve this issue, u need to backup the config without package info and restore it and reboot and then try to install the package as a fresh installation.
#3 Updated by Jim Pingle almost 10 years ago
Not likely an OS change. I'm not sure snort has ever really worked properly on NanoBSD w/2.0. vnstat didn't work at all on NanoBSD until recently, and it still doesn't save its data properly on shutdown/reboot. It probably hasn't been tested by its maintainer on 2.0.