Remove some legacy code in auth.inc
For completeness, I'm posting a redmine for this. Copy and pasting from PR3969:
There is a compat issue between PHP's $2y$ bcrypt hashes and older versions of FreeBSD, which used $2b$. However, that issue was fixed long ago in rS284483 and appeared in FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE. This patch just removes that bit of legacy code, and another few of lines just after it "Convert ascii to unicode" that also appear completely unused. I checked for any other uses of those $astr/$ustr vars and found none. I tested this on my lab unit: Created some new user accounts, and tested login/logout/change password functions. Worked fine.
This was sparked by a recent discussion on r/PFSENSE: