ssh_tunnel_shell: Disable console message output
User Manager / Privileges
Users with only the "User - System: SSH Tunneling" privilege get the
ssh_tunnel_shell program as their shell. When connected, these users receive console wall(1) type messages such as login notices, which are not relevant to ssh tunneling.
If possible, these messages should be muted rather than displayed to the user.
It’s worse than that. If I’m looking at the right source, that binary does nothing but chatter at the poor user.
Also, nbytes is unititislized on the stack, and tested > 0 on first use. Sheer chance that it works.
This POS needs a rewrite.
- Target version changed from 48 to 2.5.0
- Assignee set to Jim Pingle
- Assignee changed from Jim Pingle to Luiz Souza
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Silenced all the output of ssh_tunnel_shell.
Looks way better now, let me know if I have missed something.
- created a user.
- Assigned "User - System: SSH tunneling" as Privilege.
- Used putty to SSH.
- logged in by using the created user.
I did not see any notice or unexpected message.
Also available in: Atom