Problem with config sync + ipsec + special characters
When the description field in ipsec's phases 1 and 2 contains special characters such as accentuation config sync is unable to sync to slave.
E.G. I had a phase2 that was causing problems by having a 'ã' in the description. In the master XML it was translated to the correct html entity (ã) but it wouldn't sync over to the slave until I removed it.
#1 Updated by Jim Pingle almost 9 years ago
We escape that with CDATA in the config, though I'm not sure how well that translates via XMLRPC (pfsync and CARP really don't have anything to do with config sync, that's XMLRPC). I know in some cases the special characters were blanked out when moving over. I thought the CDATA protected fields transferred correctly though.
#4 Updated by Pierre POMES almost 9 years ago
1) In the GUI, I used "CARP LAN éé" as description
2) config.xml shows :
<descr><![CDATA[CARP LAN éé]]></descr>
3) A network capture during a XMLRPC sync :
00002220 0a 3c 76 61 6c 75 65 3e 3c 73 74 72 69 6e 67 3e .<value> <string> 00002230 43 41 52 50 20 4c 41 4e 20 e9 e9 3c 2f 73 74 72 CARP LAN ..</str