DNS Resolver does not restart during link up/down events on a static IP address interface
How to reproduce:
1) Configure the interface with Static IPv4
2) Select this interface in the "Network Interfaces" and/or "Outgoing Network Interfaces" list on the Services / DNS Resolver page
3) Disconnect this interface and reboot
3) Check the interface/outgoing-interface entries in /var/unbound/unbound.conf
3) Connect this interface - you'll see the "/rc.linkup: Hotplug event detected for INTERFACE static IP (x.x.x.x)" in logs
4) interface/outgoing-interface entries in /var/unbound/unbound.conf do not have a connected interface IP
5) Same with disconnecting - /var/unbound/unbound.conf still have a disconnected interface IP
Workaround - reboot or restart DNS Resolver
#11547 should be improved
Updated by Danilo Zrenjanin over 1 year ago
2.7.0-DEVELOPMENT (amd64) built on Wed Jun 01 06:12:27 UTC 2022 FreeBSD 12.3-STABLE
When I unplug the cable it doesn't update the unbound.conf accordingly. /var/unbound/unbound.conf still has the disconnected interface IP.
After reboot the /var/unbound/unbound.conf was updated accordingly.
It works fine when plugging the cable back. It automatically adds Interface IP to bind to and Outgoing interfaces to be used in the unbound.conf file.
Needs more testing.
Updated by Jim Pingle over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Based on the original problem description and steps to reproduce it sounds like this specific request is fixed. For the other part, let's move that to a new Redmine issue and take care of it on a future release.