Bad field validation in system_advanced_firewall.inc
A few fields in /usr/local/pfSense/include/www/system_advanced_firewall.inc are being incorrectly validated.
- `adaptiveend` is incorrectly being referred to as `adaptive-end` during validation.
- `maximumstates` is incorrectly being referred to as `firewall-maximum-states` during validation.
- `aliasesresolveinterval` is incorrectly being referred to as `aliases-hostnames-resolve-interval` during validation. (On the frontend, this field also has its input type `type=text` so any arbitrary value could be entered and accepted here.)
- `maximumtableentries` is incorrectly being referred to as `firewall-maximum-table-entries` during validation, but is validated correctly further down in the file.
I searched for references to the incorrect names and only see them in this file so I'm assuming they were just leftover from a refactor at some point.
Updated by Jim Pingle 4 months ago
- Category changed from Aliases / Tables to Web Interface
- Assignee set to Jim Pingle
- Target version set to 2.7.0
- Plus Target Version set to 22.11
Looks like a remnant of the Bootstrap GUI work many years ago, most fields were fixed in #5025 but those were apparently missed.
Updated by Christopher Cope 2 months ago
22.11-DEVELOPMENT (amd64) built on Fri Sep 30 06:04:54 UTC 2022 FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT
The validation seems to be working correctly now, but the 'aliasesresolveinterval' is still set as a text input on the front-end. 'maximumtableentries' & 'maximumfrags' are also set as text input, but the back-end prevents anything other than integers.