GUI issues in IE on DNS Resolver and Forwarder
See attached screenshot:
1) custom options scrollbar has up and down buttons but no moving viewport locator, so you cant drag the viewport for the text area up or down
2) hosts+domains windows need a sensible minimum size
on IE 11 (at least)
#9 Updated by Chris Buechler almost 5 years ago
- Subject changed from GUI issues - dns resolver v2.3 to GUI issues in IE on DNS Resolver and Forwarder
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Feedback to Confirmed
- Assignee changed from Chris Buechler to Steve Beaver
This happens on services_dnsmasq.php as well as the unbound pages described using IE with compatibility mode disabled (the default).
If you enable compatibility mode, the entire GUI is broken, but that's probably to be expected and we don't care regardless.
That's IE 11 on Windows 8.1 and 10. The only other IE I had handy was IE 8 on Windows XP, which won't work by design. That correctly fails to connect via HTTPS (IE+WinXP doesn't support any current secure TLS options).
Everything else seems OK in IE, though I haven't extensively used it. I'll spend more of my testing time in IE, and groan.
I can get you into a Windows VM if you don't have one, Steve or others internally.
#11 Updated by Steve Beaver almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Steve Beaver to Chris Buechler
It seems that some versions of IE doesn't like tables that have an empty <tbody>. Those are now detected via jQuery and a dummy row is inserted. This has no visible effect on other browsers, but seems to fix the issue reported here on IE.