Project

General

Profile

Bug #8935

IGMP Proxy not starting with PPPoE IF

Added by Johannes Wanink 10 months ago. Updated 8 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
IGMP Proxy
Target version:
Start date:
09/24/2018
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Affected Version:
2.4.4
Affected Architecture:

Description

After upgrade from 2.4.3 to 2.4.4 IGMP Proxy will not start anymore.

Stops with following Error:

igmpproxy[65102]: There must be at least 1 Vif as upstream.

It seems the new version cannot handle PPPoE Interfaces.

My Config:

##------------------------------------------------------
## Enable Quickleave mode (Sends Leave instantly)
##------------------------------------------------------
quickleave
phyint pppoe0 upstream ratelimit 0 threshold 1
altnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dd
altnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dd
altnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dd

phyint re1.200 downstream ratelimit 0 threshold 1
altnet yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy/dd

phyint re0.400 disabled
phyint re2 disabled
phyint re0.50 disabled

IGMP Proxy binary from pfSense 2.4.3 works fine with this configuration. (Copied from a 2.4.3 ISO, to my 2.4.4 installation)

History

#1 Updated by Jim Pingle 10 months ago

See also: #8950 (has more logs)

#2 Updated by Tim Balmer 10 months ago

Not sure this is the same issue as I reported in #8950, because in that bug IGMPProxy is not crashing (it runs untill I kill it myself), but it is not processing the incoming IGMP packets. While in this bug it look like IGMPProxy is not starting at all because it is not recognizing the PPPoE interface as an upstream.

#3 Updated by Alexandre Paradis 10 months ago

Vlan/sub-interface are also affected.

I had to use a physical interface to make igmp proxy to work.

do we have a comeback of bug https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/6099 ?

#4 Updated by benoit moreau 10 months ago

Alexandre Paradis wrote:

Vlan/sub-interface are also affected.

Same issue with "bridge" interface.

#5 Updated by Tim Balmer 10 months ago

I now replaced the default igmpproxy binary on pfSense 2.4.4 by this version https://pkg.opnsense.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/snapshots/igmpproxy-0.2.1_1,1.txz, that for me resolves all issues, including those reported in #8950. OpnSense users apparently experienced similar issues after a recent IGMPProxy upgrade, found this thread while searching for a solution https://github.com/opnsense/plugins/issues/590

#6 Updated by Johannes Wanink 10 months ago

Tim Balmer wrote:

I now replaced the default igmpproxy binary on pfSense 2.4.4 by this version https://pkg.opnsense.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/snapshots/igmpproxy-0.2.1_1,1.txz, that for me resolves all issues, including those reported in #8950.

Thx!
Tried the binary, and looks good! Seems to be working.
(Binary is much bigger than the original: 159K -> this 39K -> 2.4.4 31K -> 2.4.3)

#7 Updated by Tim Balmer 10 months ago

Johannes Wanink wrote:

Thx!
Tried the binary, and looks good! Seems to be working.
(Binary is much bigger than the original: 159K -> this 39K -> 2.4.4 31K -> 2.4.3)

Good to hear your issues are also resolved with this newer version.

The reason that it is bigger is probably because pfSense 2.4.4 contains the igmpproxy 2.1.1 release while 2.4.3 still contained the 0.1_5 release, so that was a major igmpproxy upgrade. The version from the OpnSense repo is basically the same version as was orginally in pfSense 2.4.4 but now including the required bugfixes that are the result of the OpnSense bug report i mentioned in my previous post.

#8 Updated by Patrick Monfette 10 months ago

Tim Balmer wrote:

I now replaced the default igmpproxy binary on pfSense 2.4.4 by this version https://pkg.opnsense.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/snapshots/igmpproxy-0.2.1_1,1.txz, that for me resolves all issues, including those reported in #8950. OpnSense users apparently experienced similar issues after a recent IGMPProxy upgrade, found this thread while searching for a solution https://github.com/opnsense/plugins/issues/590

Fixed for me too by running this command (for anyone landing here, simply run this command to install a fixed version)

pkg add -f https://pkg.opnsense.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/snapshots/igmpproxy-0.2.1_1,1.txz

Thanks a lot for the infos @Tim !

#9 Updated by Renato Botelho 10 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress

#10 Updated by Renato Botelho 10 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Feedback

I've cherry-picked recent changes from FreeBSD ports tree. 0.2.1_1,1 will be available in the next round of 2.4.5-DEVELOPMENT snapshots for evaluation and cherry-picked to 2.4.4-p1 after confirmed fix

#11 Updated by Alexandre Paradis 10 months ago

I can say that the vlans are working again.
Thanks !

#12 Updated by Renato Botelho 10 months ago

New version merged to 2.4.4 branch

#13 Updated by Steve Beaver 10 months ago

  • Target version changed from 2.4.4-GS to 2.4.4-p1

#14 Updated by Steve Beaver 10 months ago

  • Target version changed from 2.4.4-p1 to 2.4.4-GS

#15 Updated by Luiz Souza 8 months ago

  • Target version changed from 2.4.4-GS to 2.4.4-p1

#16 Updated by Renato Botelho 8 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

Works

Also available in: Atom PDF