Namecheap Dynamic DNS does not accept * for hostname even though it is valid
Namecheap DDNS allows '*' (wildcard), but the page does not accept this value.
#3 Updated by Jim Pingle over 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Dynamic DNS - does not accept @ or * chars for hostname even though they are valid to Namecheap Dynamic DNS does not accept * for hostname even though it is valid
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Dynamic DNS
- Status changed from Feedback to New
- Target version set to 2.3.1
OK I revised the ticket to be only for the * character.
#5 Updated by Chris Buechler about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Feedback
merged a slightly modified fix from PR 2770
Not sure that suffices though. Could someone with a Namecheap DDNS setup please try the next 2.3.2 snapshot with and without wildcards?