Namecheap Dynamic DNS does not accept * for hostname even though it is valid
Namecheap DDNS allows '*' (wildcard), but the page does not accept this value.
Updated by Jim Pingle almost 8 years ago
- Subject changed from Dynamic DNS - does not accept @ or * chars for hostname even though they are valid to Namecheap Dynamic DNS does not accept * for hostname even though it is valid
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Dynamic DNS
- Status changed from Feedback to New
- Target version set to 2.3.1
OK I revised the ticket to be only for the * character.
Updated by Chris Buechler almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Target version changed from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2
- Affected Version changed from 2.3 to All
that one's not as straight forward as changing the input validation, since the * needs changes in the back-end handling as well.
Updated by Chris Buechler over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Feedback
merged a slightly modified fix from PR 2770
Not sure that suffices though. Could someone with a Namecheap DDNS setup please try the next 2.3.2 snapshot with and without wildcards?
Updated by → luckman212 over 7 years ago
Tested with pfSense-CE-2.3.2-DEVELOPMENT-amd64-20160702-0342 + Namecheap DDNS using `*` wildcard. Works! Testing was a little rough because the GUI (or PHP?) kept hanging on the status page, but I did check and confirm that the DNS was properly updated.