Interfaces statistics widget GUI + JSON (2 issues)
Running 2.3.3-RELEASE-p1 using IE11 this widget has two issues:
1) If there are more than about 2 interfaces it scrolls off the side. The number of IFs varies (and a list of IFs of interest can be >4 easily). Suggestion - reorient it to show packets/bytes/errors/collisions along the top, list of IFs down the side, which helps keep it to a fixed width with at worst wrapped column headings, but all visible.
2) When widget settings are changed there's sometimes a prompt to save the JSON as a file download, pretty sure this isn't what's intended.
#1 Updated by Phillip Davis over 3 years ago
Try PR https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/pull/3715
That gives the option to:
1) Select just the interface stats items you want.
2) Flip the table around to show a row for each interface
I had been meaning to add this flexibility also, because it seemed a bit annoying the way it was. Your issue report got me to have a play with it.
#3 Updated by Dan Lundqvist about 3 years ago
- File Screenshot1.jpg Screenshot1.jpg added
- File Screenshot2.jpg Screenshot2.jpg added
- File Screenshot3.jpg Screenshot3.jpg added
I have tested the #7501 on fresh "pfSense-CE-2.4.0-BETA-amd64-20170623-1439.iso" install in Virtualbox on amd64
adding 4 interfaces. First 2 and then one by one. And it all keep adjusting correctly so it fit and does not scroll offside.
Also tested option 2 with table.
Tested 1) (screensshot 1 o 2)
Tested 2) (screenshot 3)