When creating IPv6 firewall rule for single host, netmask improperly displays
When creating a firewall rule (I tested with a pass rule on WAN):
Address Family: IPv6
Source: Single Host or alias
Enter an IPv6 adress
Firefox and Chrome on Mac: displays /32 in source netmask
Safari on Mac: displays /128 in source netmask
Any change to Destination address hides source netmask in all tested cases.
This appears to be only cosmetic.
Causing confusion for at least one user: https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=131675.0
Separating the source and destination onChange functions
Preventing the mask selector from being automatically updated if it is disabled
#3 Updated by Dan Lundqvist almost 4 years ago
I have now updated to latest build but unfortunatly it still does not work. (2.4.0-BETA (amd64) built on Wed Aug 02 06:04:56 CDT 2017)
1. I create a IPv6 rule, select Src.SingleHotstOrAlias and enter a IPv6 address and press tab. It then fills in a /128 mask.
So far so good.
2. I then Select anything in the destination field like "SingleHotstOrAlias" and it still empties the Src.mask field to blank. Same as described in bug.
3. I then tried to empty the Dst. to Any and also empty the IPv6 address in Src and also even try to put back Src to "Any"
But it doesn't matter what you do the mask will be blank all the time even if you enter a new IPv6 address.
I even tried to do just #1 and then press SAVE without changing Dst and when you edit the rule Src.mask is still blank.
#8 Updated by Jim Pingle almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Confirmed
- Priority changed from Low to High
This has caused a regression, see #7777
In IPsec P2, and presumably other places, a stored IPv4 CIDR mask of /24 is jumping to /32 when an entry is edited, rather than using the correct mask.